I am proud of being the first Indian actress to do a nude scene: Nandana Sen

Published on Tue 11th Aug 2009 10:49:19
New Delh, August 11: Nandana Sen, the talented actress of Bollywood and daughter of Nobel Laureate Prof Amartya Sen, might not have had a great chance of displaying her acting skills in her past films. But in her forthcoming 'Rang Rasiya', she is all set to surprise us.
Even before the film's release, the actress has already plunged herself into a whirlpool of controversy for using her face as the muse in the first calendar-artiste of the country Ravi Raja Varma's bio-pic 'Rang Rasiya.' However, it didn't deter Sen from doing a nude scene in the film.
When asked about being the first Indian actress to do a nude scene, the actress retorted, "I can't understand what the fuss is about. The nudity is central to the plot. And I completely believed in my director Ketan Mehta's vision."
With ample confidence and her family support, Nandana, comfortably managed to pull out the scene and she takes great pride in having it done.
"In 'Rang Rasiya' I did the nude scene with my eyes open, though it was really difficult for me to do it. It was my family who clinched the matter for me. When I told them about the nude scene they supported me completely. Otherwise I was very reluctant to do it. Now I'm proud of the fact that I did it. My character Sugandha was the first pinup girl in India," Sen was quoted by a website as saying.

Related Posts by Categories